Confirmed Torres to leave Atletico Madrid

first_imgFernando Torres has confirmed that he will be leaving Atletico Madrid at the end of the season and is determined to finish on a highThe former Liverpool and Chelsea forward’s future at the Estadio Wanda Metropolitano has been heavily debated after Diego Simeone confirmed that Torres will not be getting a new contract at Atletico with the Spaniard has fallen down the pecking order this season with Diego Costa and Antoine Griezmann often being partnered up front together.Torres first signed for Atletico as a 10 year-old boy in 1995 and made his debut for the senior side in 2001, where his performances caught the interest of many clubs throughout Europe.In 2007, Torres left his boyhood club for Liverpool for a reported fee of £20m and thrived in his first season in the Premier League under Rafael Benitez with an impressive 33 goals in his 46 appearances in all competitions.The World Cup winner later secured a reported £50m move to Chelsea, where his decisive goal against Barcelona in the semi-finals of the 2012 Champions League at the Nou Camp booked the club’s place in the final against Bayern Munich, which they later won on penalties.After a lackluster loan spell with AC Milan, Torres returned to Atletico in January 2015 and has made a total of 34 goals in his 139 appearances.“When I arrived at the age of 10, I always thought that Atletico would be my home,” said Torres, according to Marca.“I have enjoyed the Atleti that I always dreamt of.“I’d like to take the opportunity to say that this season will be my last at the club.“It has not been an easy decision, it has cost me a lot to take it.“Given the reality, the circumstances, maybe it is for the best.”Fati and Suarez shine against Valencia at Camp Nou Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 15, 2019 With a mesmerizing first half from Ansu Fati and a brace from Luis Suarez in the second half, Barcelona demolished Valencia at Camp Nou.Valencia…Having only started nine times for Atletico this season, Torres came to the decision that it was time to leave his beloved club.“I think this is the best time to say it,” said the 34 year-old.“You can all see the prominence that I am having and it is very little.“Today isn’t a day for reproaches. I am just trying to explain to the fans how I feel.“It has nothing to do with the club. The club doesn’t have names or surnames. This is the best way to carry myself for the next month and a half.”For now, at least, Torres intends to give his all for Atletico and hopes that he can leave with another title for the club.“I believe I can offer something in games, but the reality of the season is not that,” insisted Torres.“If everything goes well I can go out with a title.“This year I’m playing a lot less than the previous one but I have never surrendered.“If they didn’t count on me for next year I would have liked to have been told.”last_img read more

Read More
Iniesta would have won Ballon dOr as Andresinho – Ramos

first_imgThe likely to be departing Andres Iniesta could have won the Ballon d’Or during his career if he had been called “Andresinho”, says Sergio RamosThe veteran midfielder looks set to leave his beloved Barcelona at the end of the season for a move to an unnamed club in the Chinese Super League and an announcement confirming the move is expected this week.In light of this, many people have been questioning how a player of the calibre of Iniesta never managed to win the Ballon d’Or in his career with even the France Football magazine apologising to the 33-year-old for having never awarded him the prize.Sergio Ramos, Real MadridZidane reveals Sergio Ramos injury concern for Real Madrid Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Zinedine Zidane has put Sergio Ramos’ availability for Real Madrid’s trip to Sevilla next weekend in doubt after withdrawing him against Levante.“If he was called Andresinho instead of Iniesta, he would have won two Ballon d’Ors,” suggested Ramos, according to SportsKeeda.The Ballon d’Or has been exclusively won by both Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi for the past decade with the iconic duo having won the award five times each.Many believe that 2010 should have been Iniesta’s year, after scoring the winning goal for Spain in their 2010 World Cup victory in South Africa. But the award went to his Barcelona teammate Messi instead.last_img read more

Read More
Gerrard slams decision over Candeias red card appeal

first_imgRangers manager Steven Gerrard says common sense must prevail following the harsh dismissal of Daniel Candeias last week.Referee Willie Collum gave Daniel Candeias a second yellow card after Rangers scored the second goal in their 2-0 win at St Mirren, but footage showed Anton Ferdinand as the aggressor seconds earlier, the incident angered Gerrard who’s preparing his team for Sunday’s visit of Motherwell.“I think he is a good referee in general, he has been picked by UEFA to be a referee,” Gerrard told Sky Sports.“It is not a personal issue at all. We all make mistakes, we are all human. It is my responsibility to support the referees and officials in this country, it is not a big talking matter.“It is just a clear mistake and we are trying to get it resurrected and we see how it pans out.“I just think we need common sense in the game and if mistakes occur we should have a panel in place to resurrect them – not just from a Rangers point of view, from a football point of view.“If clear mistakes are made you should be able to resurrect them.”Steven Gerrard, Michael OwenOwen reveals why Liverpool didn’t offer Gerrard a new contract Manuel R. Medina – September 6, 2019 According to Owen, the Reds wanted to sell Gerrard two years before he left the club and that’s why they didn’t offer him a contract renewal.After the match last weekend, Rangers released a statement that read: “This is by no means the first time errors of judgment have been made in matches involving this official and clearly there is an underlying issue which requires to be addressed.”Gerrard called for common sense in the wake of losing their appeal against Candeias’s second yellow card.“You have seen the statement that the club have released. I haven’t got any more to add to the statement, only that I am disappointed with the outcome.“I was hoping common sense would prevail, it hasn’t so far. So we carry on pursuing it as a club.“I don’t expect anything, I will wait and see what happens.”last_img read more

Read More
Barella slams door on Napoli

first_imgCagliari midfielder Nicolò Barella has reportedly rejected an offer from from Napoli, leaving Inter as the favourites.Reports earlier came in over fellow Italian side Inter leading the race to sign the versatile midfielder who has also been linked with Chelsea, Arsenal and Paris Saint-Germain. Now Sportitalia transfer pundit Alfredo Pedullà maintains Barella himself made it clear he has no intention of joining Napoli, whether it is in January or next season.Cristiano Ronaldo, JuventusSerie A Betting: Match-day 3 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Considering there is a number of perfect starts so early in the Serie A season, as well as a few surprisingly not-so perfect ones….Football Italia reports that Napoli tried everything to convince the 21-year-old to the Stadio San Paolo but he made it clear that he would prefer to line up with Inter at San Siro.Inter are competing in the Europa League having crashed out in the group stages of the UEFA champions league.  Inter have not released an official statement about an offer for the player yet but Cagliari’s asking price is at least €45m and Inter seems ready to afford the fee.last_img read more

Read More
From Mullum Malarum to Johnny Top 5 evergreen movies of J Mahendran

first_imgJ Mahendran in TheriVeteran Tamil actor-director J Mahendran passed away on April 02, 2019. Mahendran has been undergoing treatment of age-related illness in a Chennai hospital since March 27. The news of Mahendran’s death has been confirmed by his son John.Even though Mahendran started his career as a story writer, he later forayed into direction, and during the last stages of his career, he established himself as a character actor too. As the entire Kollywood is mourning the death of the legendary filmmaker, International Business Times, India presents you the list of five evergreen Mahendran movies which you should not miss.Mullum Malarum’Mullum Malarum’ directed by Mahendran was released in 1978 on the auspicious Independence Day. The film starred Rajinikanth in the lead role, and this movie’s box-office success played a crucial role in elevating the Superstar’s stardom which was at that time in its early phase. In the movie, Rajinikanth played the role of Kaali, a winch operator at a village power plant and this spectacular performance garnered him appreciation from all corners.During those times, J Mahendran was a mentor figure to Rajinikanth, and in many interviews, the actor has made it clear that he is very much obliged to Mahendran for shaping his career.UthiripookkalJ Mahendran’s ‘Uthiripookkal’ is considered a landmark in the history of Tamil cinema. With newcomers like Vijayan, Ashwini, Madhumalini, Charuhasan, Master Haja Sheriff and Baby Anju in the lead roles, J Mahendran crafted a heart-touching flick that still lives in the minds of Tamil movie lovers.For ‘Uthiripookkal’, J Mahendran won the best director (Tamil) honour in Filmfare awards. In 2013, IBN included ‘Uthiripookkal’ in the list of 100 greatest Indian films of all time.Nenjathai Killathe’Nenjathai Killathe’ is a critically acclaimed movie directed by J Mahendran, and it was released in 1980. The film starred Suhasini, Sarath Babu, Mohan and Pratap K. Pothen in prominent roles. The film won three awards each at the 28th National Film Awards and Tamil Nadu State Film Awards in 1981. As the film became a huge hit at the box-office, it was dubbed and released in Telugu as Mouna Geetham.JohnnyJ Mahendran made ‘Johnny’ with Rajinikanth in 1980. The film featured Rajinikanth in dual roles, and it also had Sridevi playing another prominent role. Ilayaraja’s scores in this film are still considered evergreen and are very much demanded in Tamil music channels and radio.Upon its release, the film emerged as a critical and commercial success, and audiences praised Rajinikanth and Sridevi for their fantabulous performances.Theri and Petta’Theri’ directed by Atlee and ‘Petta’ directed by Karthick Subbaraj featured J Mahendran playing strong character roles. Even though J Mahendran started acting in the final stages of his career, he proclaimed that he is a wonderful performer both on and off screen.In ‘Theri’, J Mahendran played the role of Vanamaamalai, a labour minister with grey shades. However, in ‘Petta’, Mahendran played a positive role, that of Rajapandi, a character that gets killed by his own son.last_img read more

Read More
EC getting instructions from PMO alleges BNP

first_imgBNP senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi. Prothom Alo File PhotoThe Bangladesh Nationalist Party on Friday alleged that various instructions are being given to the election commission regularly ‘from the Prime Minister’s Office’ to implement the government agenda.Speaking at a press conference at BNP’s Naya Paltan central office, party senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi also questioned the neutrality of three election commissioners.”Election commissioners M Rafiqul Islam, Kabita Khanam and Shahdat Hossain have been playing important roles in holding the upcoming election, but there is a hearsay that they’re working in favour of the ruling party,” he said.The BNP leader also alleged that prime minister’s adviser HT Imam regularly discuss various issues with the three commissioners.Of the three, he said, the senior most one was given the main charge for implementing the government’s agenda.”HT imam gives his all directives through the Commissioner. Various instructions are being sent from the prime minister’s office to the chief election commissioner through messengers, and it has been confirmed from the CEC’s office,” Rizvi claimed.He alleged that a cell has been set up at the PMO to control the returning officers.”The nominations of the BNP candidates and Awami League’s rebel independent ones were scrapped during scrutiny on 2 December as per the suggestion of the cell.”The BNP leader alleged that there was a strong instruction from the cell about the ruling party’s rebel candidates.”The election commission during the appeal hearing is also following the same direction regarding the independent candidates.”He said they came to know that former election commissioner Mobarak Hossain has been made the legal adviser to the ruling party’s election steering cell.Besides, the BNP leader said, 12 police officials have been given the charge to help the ruling party rig votes in different regions.Rizvi said they have also got information that the National Security Intelligence (NSI) officials have been asked to prepare a list of the election observers.”The agency has already formed an alliance titled ‘Election Working Forum’ with 20 organisations registered with the election commission.”He said a list of 20,000 local election observers under the alliance has been made and they will be there at polling stations to work in favour of the ruling Bangladesh Awami League.last_img read more

Read More
ShareTweet

first_imgShareTweet THE Alley Theatre launched its Summer School of Rock on Friday 26th May, inviting kids aged seven years and above to unleash their inner rock star and sign up to a five day summer programme running from 17th until 21st July at the Alley.During the five day programme children will receive music lessons from professional teaching staff.There will be lessons on guitar and drums, singing and song writing, music reading and rhythm games.Kids can learn and explore musical and technical requirements for stage, lighting and sound from the stage technical staff at the Alley Theatre. The Summer School of Rock is delivered by the creative production team of The Arts Academy, who are the creators of the highly acclaimed and sellout shows; ‘Balo Balo’, ‘Gutz’, ‘Mulan’ and ‘Spook House’ and will be facilitated by Gerry Strawbridge and David Oliver.Registration to the Summer School of Rock costs £50.00 with discounts available to those booking two and three children as part of a group.A light lunch will be provided every day. For more information visit The Alley Theatre’s website at www.alley-theatre.com or telephone 028 7137 4444.SUMMER SCHOOL OF ROCK LAUNCHED AT THE ALLEY THEATRE was last modified: June 2nd, 2017 by John2John2 Tags: BALO BALOGUTZMULANSPOOK HOUSEstrabaneSUMMER SCHOOL OF ROCK LAUNCHED AT THE ALLEY THEATRETHE ARTS ACADEMY They will also have a chance to dabble in recording, digital uploading and have the opportunity to perform live in front of family and friends in the perfect rock’n’roll setting – on stage at The Alley Theatre.The course is designed to nurture confidence and bring out the best in young people both on and off stage.It intends to encourage creativity, effective communication, planning and build on teamwork skills while ensuring a great deal of fun is had by all!The programme may also provide opportunities for participants to perform in upcoming productions of the Arts Academy.last_img read more

Read More