This year’s UHPA Days will be held in Istria

first_imgFor now, the most important thing is that the date and place are known so that they can be organized – so UHPA DAYS will be held from 19 to 21 March 2020 in Umag. After Slavonia, the UHPA Days come to Istria. As in previous years, numerous U2PA workshops, panel discussions, expert lectures, trainings, etc. will be held at the UHPA Days… The official program has not been announced yet, but it is expected soon. center_img UHPA Days, the most important annual gathering of travel agencies, members of the UHPA Association and their domestic and foreign guests this year will be held from March 19-21, 2020 in Umag. last_img read more

Read More
PREMIUMIn need of innovation: Ma’ruf calls on researchers to take country forward

first_imgGoogle LOG INDon’t have an account? Register here The 25th National Technology Awakening Day on Tuesday was a call to researchers to spur innovation so that the country could solve the problems and challenges it faced independently, Vice President Ma’ruf Amin has said.Ma’ruf cited data from the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)  that show Indonesia only has 89 researchers for every 1 million people, far less than Vietnam with 682 researchers per 1 million population, despite allocating more money than the fellow Southeast Asian to research and development.He said only a few innovators had been able to commercialize their innovations.“I hope that this year’s commemoration can inspire researchers and other innovators to create more homemade innovations, especially in preventing and handling the COVID-19 pandemic,” he said.“For those who haven&… Forgot Password ? Topics : Facebook #innovation innovation Research-and-Development #research technology #technology Log in with your social account Linkedinlast_img read more

Read More
Alexis Sanchez attends Barcelona match as Manchester United team-mates prepare for Arsenal clash

first_imgAlexis Sanchez attends Barcelona match as Manchester United team-mates prepare for Arsenal clash Advertisement Sanchez is expected to be out for at least four weeks (Picture: Getty)However, while Sanchez was not expected to do the same this weekend, it was somewhat of a surprise to see him at Barcelona’s win against Rayo Vallecano at the Camp Nou on Sunday.AdvertisementAdvertisementThe Catalans came from behind to win 3-1 thanks to goals from Gerard Pique, Luis Suarez and Lionel Messi.More: Manchester United FCRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starNew Manchester United signing Facundo Pellistri responds to Edinson Cavani praiseEx-Man Utd coach blasts Ed Woodward for two key transfer errorsSolskjaer’s depleted squad will be boosted by the return of Pogba, Anthony Martial and Nemanja Matic for today’s game at the Emirates.Jesse Lingard, Juan Mata and Ander Herrera have also resumed training but will not be risked against the Gunners.MORE: Fred reveals how the ‘professor’ Ole Gunnar Solskjaer kickstarted his Man Utd career Alexis Sanchez was at the Camp Nou (Picture: BeIN Sports)Manchester United star Alexis Sanchez attended Barcelona’s clash with Rayo Vallecano as his team-mates prepared for their showdown with Arsenal.The Chilean missed Wednesday’s astonishing victory over Paris Saint-Germain after sustaining a knee ligament injury in a 3-2 win against Southampton last weekend.The winger’s continued his poor form under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and the Norwegian admits the Chilean could be out for around six weeks.Paul Pogba was suspended for the midweek win against PSG but travelled with the squad to France to help his young team-mates with their preparation.ADVERTISEMENT Sean KearnsSunday 10 Mar 2019 11:36 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link570Shares Comment Advertisementlast_img read more

Read More
Mesut Ozil misses Arsenal’s clash against Leicester City through injury

first_img Metro Sport ReporterSunday 28 Apr 2019 12:18 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link177Shares Mesut Ozil misses Arsenal’s clash against Leicester City through injury Advertisement Mesut Ozil is sidelined with a foot injury (Getty Images)Mesut Ozil has missed Arsenal’s clash against Leicester City at the King Power Stadium on Sunday due to a foot injury.The 30-year-old has already missed 15 Premier League matches this season having suffered from separate back and knee injuries, while he has also found himself out of favour under Unai Emery.Ozil has featured prominently in Arsenal’s recent matches, though, playing the full 90 minutes during their Premier League defeats to Crystal Palace and Wolves over the seven days.However, he adds to Arsenal’s list of absentees in what could prove an important game in the club’s top-four pursuit with Aaron Ramsey and Nacho Monreal also ruled out.ADVERTISEMENT Comment Advertisement Unai Emery has made three changes to his Arsenal side (Getty Images)Earlier this month, Emery admitted he was pleased with Ozil, saying: ‘He is working very well and playing well. He is helping us. I am very happy with him.’AdvertisementAdvertisementAlthough Ozil misses out on Arsenal’s game against Leicester, top-scorer Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is back in the side after overcoming a sinus problem which ruled him out against Wolves.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘Mesut and Nacho cannot play today,’ Emery told Sky Sports.‘Laurent Koscielny is on the bench because he didn’t train on Friday. He’s not ready to play 90 minutes.’Emery has made three changes to his side in total with Sead Kolasinac, Shkodran Mustafi and Aubameyang replacing Laurent Koscielny, Monreal and Ozil.More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenallast_img read more

Read More
‘Hate crimes’ bill would allow men to use women’s restrooms – Canada

first_imgLifesite News 8 Nov 2012Numerous pro-family organizations and one conservative MP are calling upon citizens to oppose a “hate crimes” bill they warn will allow men to use women’s restrooms and showers. The private members bill, Bill C-279, would include “gender identity” and “gender expression” in the hate crimes sections of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Criminal Code.  The controversial bill has been dubbed the “bathroom bill” by critics, who say it would give men a legal alibi to use women’s bathrooms, shower rooms, and changing rooms. They worry this will lead to an increase in sexual assaults. The bill is expected to face a third reading and final vote any day. REAL Women of Canada is asking Canadians to tell their MPs to oppose the Bill, “with or without amendments”. “The major effect of this bill is that transgendered, transsexual, and sexually confused individuals will be given full protection re-employment, services, housing, etc., in public institutions under federal jurisdiction,” the organization stated in a press release. “These behaviors will be ‘normalized’, accepted, and protected. All Canadians are already equal before and under the law. Bill C-279 is not necessary.”http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/39hate-crimes39-bill-would-allow-men-to-use-womens-restrooms-pro-family-grolast_img read more

Read More
Foreign coaches, players miss out on deadline to make China return

first_img Promoted Content6 Extreme Facts About HurricanesWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right NowIncredible Underwater Objects Surrounded By MysteryWorld’s Most Delicious FoodsWhat Is A Black Hole And Is It Dangerous For Us All?8 Ways Drones Will Automate Our Future8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The WorldCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A DroneBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them The Daily Mail says players and staff from Chinese Super League clubs are unable to enter China due to a coronavirus travel ban, including former Barcelona midfielder Paulinho and ex-West Ham striker Marko Arnautovic. Last Thursday at midnight, the Chinese government enforced a temporary travel ban on foreign nationals entering the country.Advertisement That has resulted in reportedly 30 players and coaches unable to return to work, with Brazilian pair Hulk and Oscar entering the country just 11 minutes before the borders were closed. Read Also:Fellaini becomes first coronavirus case in Chinese Super League The pair, alongside compatriot Ricardo Lopes, arrived at 11:49pm in a private jet according to China Daily, and are now in quarantine for 14 days. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 A raft of foreign coaches and players have missed out on the deadline of returning to China ahead of the kickoff to the Premier League season. Loading… last_img read more

Read More
Adkins keeps cards close to chest

first_imgManager Nigel Adkins will happily use every trick he can to help keep Reading in the Barclays Premier League. Press Association “I will use an example I had at Scunthorpe. We had (striker) Gary Hooper and we went to a team, who I won’t mention, but there was no way Gary would be fit and we didn’t let anyone know. “All week that team had worked on stopping Gary Hooper and doing certain things. “We then went and played a totally different way with different personnel, and they were absolutely gutted as they had spent all week working on it. “If they knew Gary wasn’t playing, then they might not have been worried about it so much. “We are going to the Emirates and it will be a great challenge, but for now, I will keep my cards close to my chest and that might just give us something, or it might not.” Adkins suffered a 6-1 thrashing at the Emirates Stadium with Southampton in September. While his return to tackle the Gunners may have come sooner than expected in the wake of his controversial sacking in January, the 48-year-old intends to make the most of the opportunity. “It is all about experiences,” he said. “The experiences at Bangor, Scunthorpe and Southampton have helped me be the Reading manager. You can be placed in a situation once – make new mistakes, do not make the same mistake twice. If you are in that situation again, you know how you reacted last time and what the outcome was.” center_img Adkins gave little away on his likely tactics or indeed team news at his pre-match media conference ahead of Saturday’s clash with Arsenal, refusing to even confirm whether goalkeeper Adam Federici had shrugged off his ankle injury. “Normally, if someone is injured and it is obvious that they are out, then it is no good turning around and saying they will be fit, but just at this moment in time we need to somehow come up with that element of surprise and that is what I have to utilise,” said Adkins. last_img read more

Read More
Alan Pardew: Crystal Palace are closing the gap behind Manchester City

first_img City have splashed more than £150million on the likes of Raheem Sterling and Kevin De Bruyne since they were stunned 2-1 by the Eagles at Selhurst Park last April. The results have been impressive so far with City boasting four wins out of four, without conceding a goal, to sit top of the table ahead of Saturday’s rematch. Press Association Manchester City may have been the Premier League’s top spenders this summer but Alan Pardew insists Crystal Palace are closing the gap. But Palace moved up to second on the back of their win at champions Chelsea a fortnight ago and Pardew, whose biggest summer outlay was £10million midfielder Yohan Cabaye, feels they have an even better chance of beating City’s all stars this time around. “Only a handful of Premier League clubs can spend that money, but we are in that next batch and we are all fighting to catch up,” said the Eagles boss. “You can only play 11 players. That’s one good thing about this game. If we were coming up against City and it was 20 players each then they’d definitely win. But they can only play 11 and our 11 is getting closer to Man City’s, as is Stoke’s and West Ham’s. “Beating Chelsea must enhance our confidence. Our technical ability is now matching our work rate and that makes us a good team. Manchester City will be approaching this game knowing they are up against a good side. “They will be favourites to win and you would expect them to win, but I think they will know we are a bit closer to them than last year. “We won last year, but by the seat of our pants a little bit. At Chelsea we were much more in control and that’s why I think we are in a better place to get a result against City, even though we won against them last year.” Injuries to Connor Wickham and Marouane Chamakh, and Glenn Murray’s move to Bournemouth, are likely to mean an opportunity in attack for either Patrick Bamford or Dwight Gayle. Gayle appeared to be on the verge of leaving Selhurst Park last month b ut Murray’s departure has given him a second chance, and Pardew urged the 24-year-old striker to grab it with both hands. “Glenn leaving gives Dwight an opportunity and he is now in the process of trying to take that,” added Pardew. “He’s trained very well. Dwight’s very much a part of our family and hopefully we can give him more game time b ecause that’s been part of the frustration. It’s not like we wanted to move him on, the frustration came from the player himself. “But with Glenn going, the opportunity has come for him to make a statement.” The Eagles will also be without right-back Joel Ward, who faces a month on the sidelines with a knee injury. last_img read more

Read More
NBBF Petitions FIBA over Visa Denial by Spanish Embassy

first_img“While the Customs and Immigration acknowledged the NBBF letter and pledged their support in seeing the smooth passage of the team to the championship, NAPTIP never replied,” observed the NBBF spokesman.He insisted that “every document for the visa application requested from the NBBF concerning the team, including affidavits of consent sworn to by the players’ parents for them to represent the country were all endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and presented to the Spanish Embassy in Lagos and despite all these, the applications were turned down without any reason till now.”The NBBF, apart from requesting FIBA to investigate this matter to unravel the reason for the visa denial, is also seeking legal advice on possibly filing for compensation against the Spanish Consul for causing Nigeria local and international embarrassment as well as causing the NBBF, players and the team officials emotional and financial losses.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram The Nigeria Basketball Federation (NBBF) has formally written basketball’s world governing body, FIBA, asking it to investigate the sad and embarrassing denial of visas to the national Under-17 Women’s Basketball team for the FIBA U-17 Championship in Spain.The federation had to take this step because the Spanish Consul in Lagos did not only deny Nigeria its hard earned opportunity to play in the FIBA Women’s Under-17 Championship and caused the country a huge embarrassment, but also caused the players and staff of the NBBF serious emotional stress.According to NBBF Board Member and Head of Media Unit, Patrick Omorodion, “the federation is pained because it took serious steps in filing the visa application which included writing all Nigerian authorities like the Nigeria Immigration Service, the Nigeria Customs Service and the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons(NAPTIP).last_img read more

Read More
Invite only

first_imgCarlo Acenas | Daily TrojanDonors attended a reception to kick off the Campaign for the University of Southern California in the International Plaza of the Ronald Tutor Campus Center from 5 to 6 p.m. Thursday. President C. L. Max Nikias and other noted faculty and staff will speak in Bovard Auditorium from 10:30 a.m. to noon today.last_img

Read More